Contents Information Events and Results Gymnasts Archive
Contents Archive Archive

Message board

Welcome to the new RSG.net message board! Please behave!
Please remember, that the message board is not responsible for the opinions expressed by its members.
Also don't insult, blame, accuse, discriminate, or debase other people here.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

London predictions: Updated
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic | View next topic  

Who will take Bronze in London?
Garaeva
33%
 33%  [ 12 ]
Cherkashyna
38%
 38%  [ 14 ]
Staniouta
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Miteva
19%
 19%  [ 7 ]
Maksymenko
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 36

schuster47

PostPosted: Mon, 16-Jul-2012 9:36    Post subject: London predictions: Updated Reply with quote

Unless there will be the Second Coming we all know who will take Gold and Silver, so let's concentrate on the only medal that is contested in Olympics for RG
Juliana

PostPosted: Mon, 16-Jul-2012 10:00    Post subject: Re: London predictions: Updated Reply with quote

schuster47 wrote:
Unless there will be the Second Coming we all know who will take Gold and Silver, so let's concentrate on the only medal that is contested in Olympics for RG

Unless there will be the Second Coming we all know who will take Gold and Silver AND BRONZE.

And she is Aliya Garaeva from Azerbaijan.
Anceps

PostPosted: Mon, 16-Jul-2012 14:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it all depends on how fair will be judges..
With unfair judges we'll see Kanaeva, second russian and Garaeva...not matter how they perform!!
With fair judges and no errors in execution we could see a more unpredictable podium!! Even if I think Kanaeva will win in both situations..
Plus, if Viner decide to send Merkulova, (and if judges will be fair) I think we could see no second russian on the podium..just as it happened in Beijing with Kapranova!!

Personally, I just hope to see Charkashyna or Staniouta on the podium!!
*Kalinka*

PostPosted: Mon, 16-Jul-2012 15:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also would love to see Charkashyna or Staniouta on the podium! If they perform well, they are at the same level of Garayeva, in spite of the unfair scores they get (Melitina especially)!

But I think Garayeva will get the bronze. Which is ok, for me, if she performs well (I like her and her routines, except for clubs).
xSleepingAwakex

PostPosted: Mon, 16-Jul-2012 16:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Viner will send Dmitrieva to OG, I'd love to see her on podium just after Kanaeva. Smile Third place would be great for Charkashyna.
Love
Hoops and Grand Fouettes

PostPosted: Mon, 16-Jul-2012 20:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or Miteva if she performs without mistakes.
Juliana

PostPosted: Mon, 16-Jul-2012 22:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

xSleepingAwakex wrote:
If Viner will send Dmitrieva to OG, I'd love to see her on podium just after Kanaeva. Smile Third place would be great for Charkashyna.
Love

Love Love Love Love Love

Third place would be great for any of these - Garaeva, Charkashyna, Miteva.

For some reason I think it's not likely for Staniouta to get the bronze... unless all three I mentioned above make huge mistakes and she has the most outstanding performance ever in her career...
ybalka_

PostPosted: Tue, 17-Jul-2012 0:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG, are you still hoping for fair judges? are we still at this point? judges are NEVER fair, nor will be! EVER! Ok it is OG, but the only thing they are going to do to pretend to be fair is to stop this new stupid scoring fashion of 29.500-30.000 for russians. That's it, but still kanaeva will get the highest 28s, the silver gymnast middle 28s and the bronze low 28s.

You all know who the bronze will be, Garaeva, as long as she doesn't drop any apparatus so the audience won't get bothered if she gets a medal, she'll get bronze.
And probably by a difference of 0.025 above the 4th gymanst, we already know how judges love to do this tricky things with numbers, and let a gymnast win over the next one by a ridiculous 0.025 margin Laughing They just love to spice things up.
AleksandraFan

PostPosted: Tue, 17-Jul-2012 0:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who will get the bronze medal? Probably Garaeva. Who should? Charkashyna. I think she should be silver, actually, and in my wildest dreams, Maximenko would bring back her old hoop routine and get bronze XD

I ♥ Sasha Merkulova!
Juliana

PostPosted: Tue, 17-Jul-2012 5:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

ybalka_ wrote:
OMG, are you still hoping for fair judges? are we still at this point? judges are NEVER fair, nor will be! EVER! Ok it is OG, but the only thing they are going to do to pretend to be fair is to stop this new stupid scoring fashion of 29.500-30.000 for russians. That's it, but still kanaeva will get the highest 28s, the silver gymnast middle 28s and the bronze low 28s.

You all know who the bronze will be, Garaeva, as long as she doesn't drop any apparatus so the audience won't get bothered if she gets a medal, she'll get bronze.
And probably by a difference of 0.025 above the 4th gymanst, we already know how judges love to do this tricky things with numbers, and let a gymnast win over the next one by a ridiculous 0.025 margin Laughing They just love to spice things up.

the 0.025 margin thing reminds me of the Ribbon Final in Minsk! It was one of the closest results I had ever seen! Shocked (well, except for the two Russians..)
AleksandraFan wrote:
Who will get the bronze medal? Probably Garaeva. Who should? Charkashyna. I think she should be silver, actually, and in my wildest dreams, Maximenko would bring back her old hoop routine and get bronze XD

wildest dreams... LMAO Laughing Laughing Laughing
*Shadow*

PostPosted: Tue, 17-Jul-2012 5:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Kanaeva will win no matter what. Even with mistakes, she barely gets any deductions. If Daria happens to compete better than her and still places second, I'd be upset... (even though I'm used to it haha). Third place... at this point I'd put my money on Garaeva. Surely auntie Viner will work her magic once again.
Anceps

PostPosted: Tue, 17-Jul-2012 13:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

ybalka_ wrote:
OMG, are you still hoping for fair judges? are we still at this point? judges are NEVER fair, nor will be! EVER!

Let's remember that scores for individuals in Beijing were fair enough!! I just hope this will happen again..and this time for groups too!!
*Shadow*

PostPosted: Sat, 21-Jul-2012 19:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally think Miteva deserves to place third (if the two Russians get first and second), her routines are amazingly difficult, sometimes I don't get why her difficulty score is so low compared to Kanaeva, who wouldn't be able to do half of Silvia's tricks, handling-wise.
Anceps

PostPosted: Sat, 21-Jul-2012 19:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Shadow* wrote:
I personally think Miteva deserves to place third (if the two Russians get first and second), her routines are amazingly difficult, sometimes I don't get why her difficulty score is so low compared to Kanaeva, who wouldn't be able to do half of Silvia's tricks, handling-wise.

That's why it is more difficult to get high points with D2 than D1, I think!!
sofia

PostPosted: Sat, 21-Jul-2012 22:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

My ideal podium is :
1) KAnaeva
2)Liubov
3)2nd russian

Liubov!!!!!!!!!!! Love
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » The Gym All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: