Contents Information Events and Results Gymnasts Archive
Contents Archive Archive

Message board

Welcome to the new RSG.net message board! Please behave!
Please remember, that the message board is not responsible for the opinions expressed by its members.
Also don't insult, blame, accuse, discriminate, or debase other people here.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Combination Pivots

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Code of Points
View previous topic | View next topic  
canrgmom

PostPosted: Tue, 14-Aug-2012 5:51    Post subject: Combination Pivots Reply with quote

Could someone please clarify whether in the new (provisional) code of points combination pivots count as one body difficulty or not.

As I understand it, pivots with different shapes, for example a double cossack up to a single horizontal, would count as 1 dfficulty (.1 + .1 + .2 + .2 for the connection = .6) However, I have heard from other people that although you do get .2 bonus for the connection the pivot would be counted as two body difficulties.

My information comes from section 1.1.2 under Individual Exercises - Composition on page 8 of the Fig Provisional Code.

Confused
charleslch

PostPosted: Tue, 14-Aug-2012 7:56    Post subject: Re: Combination Pivots Reply with quote

All pivots do count as 1 difficulty provided that they are performed without heel support in your case.

Last update: 03/09/2012
OOTCHY

PostPosted: Tue, 6-Nov-2012 2:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok if i do pivot penche on ancle and passe after it so it is cointed as one difficulty
Tashik

PostPosted: Tue, 6-Nov-2012 11:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOTCHY wrote:
Ok if i do pivot penche on ancle and passe after it so it is cointed as one difficulty

I understood it like multiple difficulty (combining pivots and counting them as one difficulty) is only valid for pivots on toes. If you do penche on flat foot plus passe-pivot - then it cannot be multiple difficulty but mixed difficulty (two difficulties)

But maybe I am wrong..
Tahnee
RSG.net Moderator
RSG.net Moderator

PostPosted: Tue, 6-Nov-2012 15:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

By penchee on ankle, do you mean on toes or flat foot?
Eulucil

PostPosted: Wed, 7-Nov-2012 1:19    Post subject: Re: Combination Pivots Reply with quote

canrgmom wrote:
Could someone please clarify whether in the new (provisional) code of points combination pivots count as one body difficulty or not.

As I understand it, pivots with different shapes, for example a double cossack up to a single horizontal, would count as 1 dfficulty (.1 + .1 + .2 + .2 for the connection = .6) However, I have heard from other people that although you do get .2 bonus for the connection the pivot would be counted as two body difficulties.

My information comes from section 1.1.2 under Individual Exercises - Composition on page 8 of the Fig Provisional Code.

Confused

Yes, as long as they're performed without heel support, they count as one pivot, but remember that you don't get bonnus!

"1.1.3. Multiple Rotation Difficulty (Pivots)
All Pivots count as 1 Difficulty
2 or more Rotations with different shapes
Connected without heel support
Calculation: value of the first Pivot base + value of the second Pivot base (only in the case that the minimum basic rotation in each shape is complete without a technical fault - hop or interruption). No bonus given for connection"
daphne.c

PostPosted: Sun, 11-Nov-2012 16:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

So that means if I do a penche (on flat foot), to any pivot without interruption, it would be counted as 2 seperate difficulties? Watching
Cipelly

PostPosted: Thu, 15-Nov-2012 10:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

daphne.c wrote:
So that means if I do a penche (on flat foot), to any pivot without interruption, it would be counted as 2 seperate difficulties? Watching

I'm wondering the same thing... Even if I do attitude+panchč (on flat foot) without interruption (so not as Kanaeva did in ribbon this year the pancheč to ring pivot) ?
Thanee do you know it? Mr. Green
Tahnee
RSG.net Moderator
RSG.net Moderator

PostPosted: Thu, 15-Nov-2012 12:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the penchee is on flat foot, it will be counted as a separate difficulty to any pivot it is combined with. Combination bonus 0.10 will be applied.
charleslch

PostPosted: Thu, 15-Nov-2012 19:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tahnee wrote:
If the penchee is on flat foot, it will be counted as a separate difficulty to any pivot it is combined with. Combination bonus 0.10 will be applied.

so there's still the 0.1 bonus even if they are counted as two separate difficulty elements...?

Last update: 03/09/2012
Cipelly

PostPosted: Thu, 15-Nov-2012 21:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tahnee wrote:

Thank you! But where is written in the CoP? Because to me "without heel support" means that I can't do pivot in relevč-interruption with heel support-pivot in relevč... but I can do pivot in relevč-pivot on flat foot without interruption and without heel support...

I don't know if I explained well... Rolling Eyes
Tahnee
RSG.net Moderator
RSG.net Moderator

PostPosted: Thu, 15-Nov-2012 23:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

See the example under 1.1.5. "Mixed Difficulty".

Plus the wording "in case of Rotation, either with plie-releve or from releve to flat foot". Just because they're doing it in the reverse order (flat foot to releve) doesn't make it different. Wink
Cipelly

PostPosted: Fri, 16-Nov-2012 9:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok! Thank you so much!! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Code of Points All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: