Contents Information Events and Results Gymnasts Archive
Contents Archive Archive

Message board

Welcome to the new RSG.net message board! Please behave!
Please remember, that the message board is not responsible for the opinions expressed by its members.
Also don't insult, blame, accuse, discriminate, or debase other people here.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FIG investigates possible irregularities in judges courses
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic | View next topic  
Gergely

PostPosted: Thu, 9-Jan-2014 21:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mind you, not all evidence is circumstantial - e. g. violation of the exam rules is hard fact. There is proof for manipulation of exam sheets at Moscow and Alicante (the Bucharest papers disappeared).

The circumstantial evidence is more present in the case against the judges themselves, and that case didn't stand indeed because of that.
Erik

PostPosted: Fri, 10-Jan-2014 23:33    Post subject: Incredible Reply with quote

Some ego's never learn to admit their mistakes.

It is incredible to see the consequences of cheating by overwhelming proof and yet those closest and most involved, fight like a devil to deny everything and keep refusing to accept any responsibility.

What a degradation this behavior can cause in the eye of the public.
How about credibility ?

Why to be a member of TC if you disregard every responsibility this function brings with itself ?
Is it then not better to step out and leave the place to people with more courage and integrity?

I hope CAS does not let itself be fooled...
Jonathan

PostPosted: Sun, 2-Mar-2014 11:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is Natalia Kuzmina sitting on the judging table in Moscow? Thought she was suspended or did I miss something?
Erik

PostPosted: Sun, 2-Mar-2014 14:05    Post subject: Kuzmina Reply with quote

Kuzmina is suspended as a member of TC for RG, not as a Judge.
One could see her presence in the judges panel in Moscow as a provocation on the address of FIG.

Is anybody paying attention to the results ? Does it look fair judging to everybody or am I the only one to see "the same old game".

The only question we need to put over and over again is, who will be first after the Russians ? What a suspense, no ?
Artistry Fan

PostPosted: Sun, 2-Mar-2014 14:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh jeez. I was quite surprised by that as well and just now reread Gergely's post from awhile back:
"They will be allowed to continue to train judges, but will not be permitted to give judging exams, award brevets, allocate judging levels, oversee judges at any competition or serve as members of a Superior Jury. "

So...

...basically, they can still serve as judges and influence in some capacity? Rolling Eyes
viddy

PostPosted: Sun, 2-Mar-2014 15:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, that's what it sounds like Sad
Jonathan

PostPosted: Sun, 2-Mar-2014 16:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looked to me that she was on the superior table and not the judging table...
Gergely

PostPosted: Fri, 11-Apr-2014 11:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some more, analysis of the Worlds judging resulted in sanctions:

"Following a comprehensive analysis and review of the judging at the World Rhythmic Gymnastics Championships in Kiev (UKR) last August and the World Artistic Gymnastics Championships in October in Antwerp (BEL), the FIG formally commended a number of judges in letters issued to their national federations.

Based on flaws found in judging by the FIG Men's and Women's Technical Committees of Artistic Gymnastics and the Superior Jury for Rhythmic Gymnastics, a handful of judges have also been formally reprimanded for erroneous judging, or judging that favored a certain gymnast or country. Seven Rhythmic Gymnastics judges have been formally warned, while one other received a 9-month ban from judging at FIG events. Three other Rhythmic judges have received letters of commendation."

https://www.fig-gymnastics.com/site/figNews/view?id=337

In Artistic Gymnastics, one Men's Artistic Judge was handed a 9-month ban, while another received a 12-month ban. In Women's Artistic Gymnastics, three warnings were issued, as well as two 9-month bans. All judges have the option to appeal these decisions within 21 days to the FIG Appeals Tribunal.
Jonathan

PostPosted: Fri, 11-Apr-2014 13:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gergely wrote:
Some more, analysis of the Worlds judging resulted in sanctions:

"Following a comprehensive analysis and review of the judging at the World Rhythmic Gymnastics Championships in Kiev (UKR) last August and the World Artistic Gymnastics Championships in October in Antwerp (BEL), the FIG formally commended a number of judges in letters issued to their national federations.

Based on flaws found in judging by the FIG Men's and Women's Technical Committees of Artistic Gymnastics and the Superior Jury for Rhythmic Gymnastics, a handful of judges have also been formally reprimanded for erroneous judging, or judging that favored a certain gymnast or country. Seven Rhythmic Gymnastics judges have been formally warned, while one other received a 9-month ban from judging at FIG events. Three other Rhythmic judges have received letters of commendation."

https://www.fig-gymnastics.com/site/figNews/view?id=337

In Artistic Gymnastics, one Men's Artistic Judge was handed a 9-month ban, while another received a 12-month ban. In Women's Artistic Gymnastics, three warnings were issued, as well as two 9-month bans. All judges have the option to appeal these decisions within 21 days to the FIG Appeals Tribunal.

Who, who? Very Happy
Gergely

PostPosted: Fri, 11-Apr-2014 14:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm trying to get it Mr. Green
Artistry Fan

PostPosted: Fri, 11-Apr-2014 22:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gergely, work your magicks. Razz I wonder who it could be.. also who was commended? I'm very curious!

Judges assignments from Kiev can be found here via Longines.
Gergely

PostPosted: Sat, 12-Apr-2014 21:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the sanctioned RG judges are:

9 months ban:
Ida Maria Pereira (POR, score inflation, bias towards own gymnasts)

Written warning:
Ela Samofalov (ISR, bias towards own gymnast)

Alexandra Tuuli Mavrakis (FIN, bias towards own group)

Viktoria Anikina (RUS, giving impossible score for RUS group w/clubs in competition I)

Galina Marjina (LAT, giving impossible score for RUS group w/ribbons+balls in competition I)

Irina Berek (HUN, giving impossible score for RUS group w/ribbons+balls in competition I)

Bella Kobaladze (GEO, giving impossible score for RUS group w/ribbons+balls in competition I)

Xiaoqin Zhou (CHN), giving impossible score for RUS group w/ribbons+balls in competition I)

[competition I = qualification]

+++
Anikina, Berek, Kobaladze, Marjina and Samofalov were involved in the 2013 case when FIG opened a disciplinary against a number of judges after the dodgy exams. That case was thrown out by the tribunal appeal for not enough proof (Anikina, Berek and Samofalov were mentioned in the appeal decision).
(see page 9 in this thread for this. More background is in this thread and here: http://rsg.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23487)

Anikina, Berek, Samofalov and Marjina signed the judges’ open letter afterwards, saying FIG has a witch-hunt against them (see page 9 and 10 in this thread for this).

Marjina was banned after the 2000 Vitrichenko case at the Europeans. Berek had a disciplinary case opened against her by the Hungarian Gymnastics Federation because of her judging at the Worlds (I don’t know the result yet).

+++

The artistic gymnastics warnings and bans are all about the same: for displaying obvious bias towards own gymnast(s), inflating scores of own gymnast(s) and poor reference judging.

+++

Mind you, to quote Grandi: "We are happy to inform you that the overwhelming majority of judges worked correctly and did a very good job, and that the abovementioned cases are exceptions," said FIG President Bruno Grandi (ITA). "Our technical committees spend a great deal of time and energy analyzing judges' scores to ensure that every athlete is assured a fair and unbiased score when they compete, now and in the future."

Commendations: as soon as they're available.
Rhythmic fan84

PostPosted: Sun, 13-Apr-2014 12:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that this could only be the 'tip of the iceberg', but I am happy they are starting to catch and charge some of these judges. I am also happy that you have been able to write what they are guilty of.
I can't help but notice that most of these judges are in trouble for over-scoring the Russian group...
I hope that other judges will get caught out for the individual gymnasts...

Thanks for keeping us all up to date:)
M.Brzeska-Fan

PostPosted: Mon, 14-Apr-2014 17:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for this list, Gergely. Smile

I really hope all corrupt jury members will be found and punished.

yeah, often Russia is involved. I noticed this too ...
Erik

PostPosted: Tue, 15-Apr-2014 14:55    Post subject: Sanctioning policy of FIG Reply with quote

Again Anikina, Marjina and Berek were involved in Kiev results, despite several earlier warnings.

My critic here is why are they not suspended ?!!

Ida Pereira who has been working hard, both as a coach and as a judge, never had any case running against her for decades. She gets severely sanctioned for over scoring the Portuguese gymnasts while the judges mentioned earlier walk out free again (some for the 4th time already).

When sanctioning a judge, FIG should consider the whole career of the judges and not focus on the infraction alone

Like it was done now something is definitely wrong here.
As much as I want unfair judging out of the sport, I need to say that the way FIG applies here her disciplinary actions, does not feel justice at all.

I invite you all to give your opinion.

Erik
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » The Gym All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 14 of 16

Jump to: