Contents Information Events and Results Gymnasts Archive
Contents Archive Archive

Message board

Welcome to the new RSG.net message board! Please behave!
Please remember, that the message board is not responsible for the opinions expressed by its members.
Also don't insult, blame, accuse, discriminate, or debase other people here.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Petition against unfair judging and corruption in RG
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic | View next topic  
Erik

PostPosted: Thu, 14-Feb-2013 19:49    Post subject: Petition against unfair judging and corruption in RG Reply with quote

Dear friends,

After the scandals in the judges courses of Bucharest, Moscow and Alicante, I decided to launch a petition against unfair judging and corruption in RG.

Here is the link:

http://www.change.org/petitions/all-people-that-are-active-in-rhythmic-gymnastics-ban-unfair-judging-and-corruption-from-our-beloved-sport?utm_campaign=share&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=share_petition

I invite you all to sign without fear. More than 100 people already did it before you..

Each time somebody votes a message is sent to the president of FIG, UEG and the disciplinary commission of FIG

It is now or never.

To be continued...

Erik
Erik

PostPosted: Mon, 18-Feb-2013 10:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

I address myself to all the judges in RG among you,

how do you feel when some of your collegues demand from you to give the scores even before you saw the gymnast perform ?

how do you feel when some of your collegues press a paper in your hands with scores you are supposed to give to certain gymnasts ?

how do you feel when you are intimidated by some of your collegues when you do not give the points they expect from you ?

how do you feel when some of your collegues laugh straight in your face because you are surprised the final ranking does not fit your expectation ?

Do you start to doubt yourself or are you willing to fight for justice ?

Your reaction can make a world of difference !

sign a petition against unfair judging at

http://www.change.org/petitions/all-people-that-are-active-in-rhythmic-gymnastics-ban-unfair-judging-and-corruption-from-our-beloved-sport?utm_campaign=share&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=share_petition
ivan

PostPosted: Mon, 25-Feb-2013 14:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least WE CAN TRY!

Bounce Bounce Bounce
Erik

PostPosted: Sun, 3-Mar-2013 23:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear friends,

we are on the way to 500 votes.
You made a great effort but there is no time to rest until we reach our goal.

GP are going on in Moscow and soon in Holon.
Still we see gymnasts being judged by who they are or which country they represent instead of by the routine they bring. Some, no matter how good they are, never get a fair chance.

Do you really need to study the COP so well when some execution judges write down their final score after 10 seconds or when difficulty judges do not even watch the technical sheet? This is not how it was meant to be.

How many judges would pass the exams with the same results without having the answers in advance and under sharp control of an independent organ?
If they are all really so good what is wrong with having them to pass the test again in correct circumstances?

All together we can make it better.
Encourage your friends to vote for a fair judging in RG.
We can only succed if we believe in ourselves !

Up to 500 votes !
Erik

PostPosted: Wed, 6-Mar-2013 9:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear friends,

yesterday we passed to number of 500 supporters !!! Bounce

We are on our way to 1000 !!! Very Happy

Nothing is impossible

Erik
Erik

PostPosted: Mon, 11-Mar-2013 10:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

friends,

today I call upon every gymnast, judge or coach that was, is and will be, supporting our petition against unfair judging and corruption in RG to use also Twitter to invite your followers to encourage them to sign and help to make RG a cleaner sport.

1000 supporters is not the end but only the beginning of a change in mentality.
Trying to influence the results by unsportive methods should never pay off...anymore !

Erik
Erik

PostPosted: Sun, 24-Mar-2013 15:47    Post subject: Inspire FIG to make the changes ! Reply with quote

Dear friends,

We have made our point and we were numerous to support the idea that drastic measures will have to be taken to ban unfair judging and cheating from RG. Our call was heard by the FIG and we received signs of their determination to solve the problem for once and for all.

Small changes will not be enough anymore to deal with the existing problems in our sport. Fundamental changes are needed to face the future.

Since this petition has reached its goal, it will finish on March 31st.
The same moment all questionnaires sent to the judges are expected back in FIG.

However we shall not rest and rely on others to fight for justice.
The idea and the spirit of this petition will continue with our FB group to which you are all kindly invited at
https://www.facebook.com/groups/200213253435683/

On March 31st we will hand over to FIG a list with 10 possible steps to create a better RG with fair judging and correct results.

I am sure that we can inspire FIG to make the changes !
Erik

PostPosted: Fri, 19-Apr-2013 12:45    Post subject: The fight for fair judging will never end Reply with quote

Dear friends,

our petition on Change.org has come to an end. We have reached our goal.
FIG took notice of our indignation and read all the comments.

However small our contribution may seem to some it was absolutely necessary to show that a lot of people in RG disagree with the way some judges and responsibles behave before and during big competitions.

Old habits die hard and to get to the roots of this behaviour you need to dig deep. That is why the silent majority needed to wake up.
Behind every signature there are at least 10 who were afraid to express themselves.

Nobody wants to be excluded. But is it not just by behaving so unsportive that unfair people are creating their expulsion themselves?

Cheating and corruption should never pay off. Lying in the public's eye can not stay unpunished.
Sometimes it is enough to show to unfair judges that you know what they do and how to make them think twice.

The rest is up to FIG.

This battle for justice will never end.
So we will continue on https://www.facebook.com/groups/200213253435683/ to fight for a clean sport and professional and objective behaviour of judges and responsibles.

Erik
rosa

PostPosted: Wed, 24-Apr-2013 6:36    Post subject: judges Reply with quote

I would like to ask if there is a regulation on judges behavior during judging. I mean is there s specification of seating next to each other, talking to each other, using pens or pencils and erasers, etc....?
Thanks
Artistry Fan

PostPosted: Wed, 24-Apr-2013 17:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's an interesting question rosa. Does anybody know? If they're not bold enough to take necessary disciplining, I'd like to at least see seating where they can't easily talk to each other unless necessary (i.e. inquiries).. and also making the judges sheets public after competition to see what they are marking for each gymnast.

If you're judging correctly then you should be confident with what you've written. I think (hope maybe?) that things can improve with transparency and accountability.
Eulucil

PostPosted: Wed, 24-Apr-2013 18:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, most of the manipulations are supposed to be made at hotel halls.

Anyway, Viner always talked to the judges when she wanted (as a coach), and, as a judge, seated (or standed) where she wanted (and rules say that each judge must occupy her/his seat).

If they have doubts about a score, they should ask directly to the superior judge, not to the same level judges.
Artistry Fan

PostPosted: Wed, 24-Apr-2013 18:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I wouldn't be surprised if it were all decided beforehand. That's why I would like them to not be able to communicate during the meet (because still, there is the chance of unpredictability) and then to have the scores for each judge made public. It'd be easier to see the ones responsible while it's ongoing instead of a huge investigation afterwards.

I noticed also at Moscow Grand Prix that there were a lot of people (Viner included) going around and talking to the judges throughout the competition. We should just isolate them somewhere so they can't be talked to haha

I hope something good comes from whatever it is they're doing at FIG. Confused
maksymehappy

PostPosted: Wed, 24-Apr-2013 18:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

The judges no doubt know the routines of the real contenders in advance through previous competitons and videos, and the politically conscious will like a tailor have the cut of their marks provisionally pinned for the final stitching.

It may be that the rest of the world has accepted that RG is the Russians' plaything and the rest of the world is taken along for the ride. At least, I can't seriously doubt that if the marks are effectively controlled by the interested party, so also will be the rules governing the judges themselves.
Artistry Fan

PostPosted: Wed, 24-Apr-2013 18:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

The judges are definitely aware of what each gymnast's routine is supposed to look like since they have the D sheets given to them, whether or not they've seen the routine before. But I really do think that making each judge's sheet publicly released afterwards will make them more apprehensive towards counting difficulties that shouldn't be based on what is performed. A lot of people are aware that the scores aren't reflective, but it's just a matter of not being able to do anything because the corruption starts up top (FIG) and the judging is anonymous.

Full transparency allows us to see who is making biased credits towards sloppy elements from one gymnast, while canceling those that should be credited for another girl, to manipulate the ranking. It gives us concrete proof of corruption, rather than the "mafia" making comments about how the judging is fair and accusations are unfounded.
rosa

PostPosted: Thu, 25-Apr-2013 7:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am definite that most of rhythmic fans would vote for transparency in judging, afterall what is the meaning of hiding the sheets if everything is in order. No doubt deals are made elsewhere and this cannot be prevented, but it would be nice to see a little scent of legitimacy in competition hall. I wonder if videos of judges talking to each other and doing all sorts of potential inappropriate things went public could shake things up a bit
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » The Gym All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: