Contents Information Events and Results Gymnasts Archive
Contents Archive Archive

Message board

Welcome to the new RSG.net message board! Please behave!
Please remember, that the message board is not responsible for the opinions expressed by its members.
Also don't insult, blame, accuse, discriminate, or debase other people here.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Another fight in Ukrainian gymnastics
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic | View next topic  
schuster47

PostPosted: Tue, 16-Apr-2013 16:04    Post subject: Another fight in Ukrainian gymnastics Reply with quote

http://ua.korrespondent.net/sport/1548542-ukrayinski-gimnastki-mozhut-propustiti-chempionat-svitu-v-kievi

In a nutshell, Ukrainian Gymnastics Federation got a new head, who is in conflict with Deriuginas, and they speculate that Ukr gymnasts might not be included in EC and WC this year.
ybalka_

PostPosted: Tue, 16-Apr-2013 16:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG can that even happen?

I can't imagine this situation being the WC held in Kiev Quiet
Artistry Fan

PostPosted: Tue, 16-Apr-2013 17:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

That doesn't make sense at all. They don't get along and so they are going to sabotage their own athletes? Brilliant.

This seems like really selfish timing to me. I don't see what would be the harm in letting Ukraine go as planned this year until after the World Championships... AND THEN figure out things between the new head and Deriugins. It's ridiculous that the authorities are willing to prevent the gymnasts from Euros or the special experience of WCh in their own country. Rolling Eyes

I seriously hope this is exaggerated and, if not, that they figure things out before the registration deadlines because this is awful for the gymnasts who have worked so hard.

I wonder if this affects their participation in Bucharest or the other events scheduled this month?
Tchachinafan

PostPosted: Tue, 16-Apr-2013 21:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Neutral
maksymehappy

PostPosted: Tue, 16-Apr-2013 22:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Artistry Fan wrote:
I don't see what would be the harm in letting Ukraine go as planned this year until after the World Championships... AND THEN figure out things between the new head and Deriugins. It's ridiculous that the authorities are willing to prevent the gymnasts from Euros or the special experience of WCh in their own country. Rolling Eyes

You have just referred to a good reason for the federation to exert this pressure now in order to load the Deriuginas' apparent guilt. So long as you view it as a struggle for power of course.
Artistry Fan

PostPosted: Tue, 16-Apr-2013 23:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

maksymehappy wrote:
Artistry Fan wrote:
I don't see what would be the harm in letting Ukraine go as planned this year until after the World Championships... AND THEN figure out things between the new head and Deriugins. It's ridiculous that the authorities are willing to prevent the gymnasts from Euros or the special experience of WCh in their own country. Rolling Eyes

You have just referred to a good reason for the federation to exert this pressure now in order to load the Deriuginas' apparent guilt. So long as you view it as a struggle for power of course.

Which is why I think it's also very selfish to use against the gymnasts! You're probably correct on that point, however I think it could have been handled with more tact. Is it Dushin specifically who is forcing the Deriugins hand or a greater backing? I can't tell if they want the Deriugins out completely or if they just want them to have less power.

IH, if you're out there, what in the world is going on? Blub

Edit: Videos from the press conference and Dushin.
Belosnegka

PostPosted: Wed, 17-Apr-2013 7:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deriugins scandal again Confused
Hershey

PostPosted: Wed, 17-Apr-2013 11:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

So here's a thought.

The new president of UKR gymnastics federation is Sergei Dushyn, an artistic gymnast in the 90's. In the 90's UKR rhythmic gymnastics had a girl named Tatiana Popova, international master of sports who now surnamed Dushina.

There was this news a few years back about these two doing show business or something in England
http://old.atn.ua/newsread.php?id=25179

but this year there was this RG competition in Kharkov, Ukraine in March when both of them appeared.
http://kpunews.com/ru/news/20130311/14474.html

information of the competition is also listed on the official VK group of UKR gymnastics federation
http://vk.com/wall-50181496_55

where it says:
мастер спорта международного класса по художественной гимнастике, многократный призер Чемпионатов мира и Европы Татьяна Душина (Попова)

So if these two are together, I somehow can see why this new president is targeting the Deriuginas immediately after taking the position.

So I'm just wondering, is it true that they married or the name just happened to be one huge coincidence, I mean a Sergei Dushin in AG and a Tatiana Dushina (Popova) in RG.
schuster47

PostPosted: Wed, 17-Apr-2013 12:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hershey wrote:
So here's a thought.

The new president of UKR gymnastics federation is Sergei Dushyn, an artistic gymnast in the 90's. In the 90's UKR rhythmic gymnastics had a girl named Tatiana Popova, international master of sports who now surnamed Dushina.

There was this news a few years back about these two doing show business or something in England
http://old.atn.ua/newsread.php?id=25179

but this year there was this RG competition in Kharkov, Ukraine in March when both of them appeared.
http://kpunews.com/ru/news/20130311/14474.html

information of the competition is also listed on the official VK group of UKR gymnastics federation
http://vk.com/wall-50181496_55

where it says:
мастер спорта международного класса по художественной гимнастике, многократный призер Чемпионатов мира и Европы Татьяна Душина (Попова)

So if these two are together, I somehow can see why this new president is targeting the Deriuginas immediately after taking the position.

So I'm just wondering, is it true that they married or the name just happened to be one huge coincidence, I mean a Sergei Dushin in AG and a Tatiana Dushina (Popova) in RG.

they are married
Invisible Hedgehog

PostPosted: Wed, 17-Apr-2013 19:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, just I think it is better to explain well the situation.

That is right that the wife of Mr Dushyn is Tatiana Popova – former gymnast of Irina Deriugina. In around 1997-1998 it was Tatiana Popova who Deriuginas were protecting to be in team at WCH 1997, ECH 1998 etc.

However, the issue is not there because it seems that his wife is not involved in any way. Since Tatiana’s retirement and till recent time (around 10 years) the couple was jumping around in various circus shows in GBR and in US. Mr Dushyn was never `at any WCH or ECH for artistic gymnastics. His highest personal best was Ukrainian champion in one or 2 apparatus.

So back to the story. In Ukraine there are 2 legal Federations that develop gymnastics sports – Ukrainian Gymnastics Federation that develops AG, acrobatics, trampoline and Ukrainian RG Federation that develops RG. There is also a separate aerobics federation but it is not recognized by the Ministry for sports and they are also represented in Ukrainian Gymnastics Federation. Naturally, such structures exist in many countries – like in Bulgaria (Yovtchev – President for AG, Raeva – president for RG) in Russia (you know Viner and who knows who they have for AG) and many other countries. However, in FIG only 1 federation represents the countries – normally it is an AG Federation even if RG Federation is more developed (same in Bulgaria, Russia, Ukraine and other countries).
In Ukraine RG Federation is recognized by Ministry for sports as such that develops rhythmic gymnastics (that is to say organizes Ukrainian championships among juniors, seniors, Ukrainian cups etc, creates rules for various ages, develops educational programme for judges, forms the national team, forms the team that should be going to any world cups, grand prix, European championships, world championships and all the other duties connected with rhythmic gymnastics). However, because only AG Federation has the right to be represented to FIG, normally the federations of various sports make a contract to explain the duties of each other. In Ukraine we also have such a contract between Federations which states that it is a duty of AG Federation to sign any registration of RG without any doubt because they are simply not responsible for the development of RG at all.
Such a system existed for a very long time, for the last 13 years, when the contract was renewed for each cycle. Therefore, we now also have a contract until 2016 with AG Federation. However, that contract was signed by the previous AG President in January (Mr Dushyn was elected in February).
Mr Dushyn decided to ignore completely the existence of RG Federation and said that according to FIG Statutes only 1 federation represents the country and the existence of any other gymnastics federations is not legal. That is in fact quite a strange statement because such practice exists not only in Ukraine, but in many other countries. Therefore, Mr Dushyn was sending threatening letters to the RG Federation that in case the athletes, coaches, judges will not become members of his federation, then those athletes, coaches, judges will not be allowed to compete internationally. Of course, RG Federation refused such threats because it is a separate entity in Ukraine.
Despite all that mess, we managed to make several necessary changes for Lisboa World Cup, which were signed by Mr Dushyn. After that for the Bucharest World Cup we had to change Rizatdinova with Mazur. RG Federation informed him that this change is necessary because of Anna’s micro-injury. However, he refused to make this change and afterwards cancelled the whole registration of Ukraine delegation because RG delegations are not members of his AG Federations.
However, thanks to the interfere of Minister of Ukraine for sports Ravil Safiullin who made the General secretary of the Federation (not Mr Dushyn who is the President) to send to FIG a reinstatement of the delegation, the gymnasts are going to Bucharest World Cup. What will happen with the ECH and WCH – we do not know.
In order to be short – can anybody imagine that an AG President of Russia would write to FIG that all registrations of Viner are not valid just because RG people do not want to belong to his Federation?

Therefore, you can clearly see that the situation was made by the ambitions of one person who decided that all the achievements of RG worldwide should belong to him. In Ukraine RG is developed in all 24 regions of Ukraine, while AG – only maybe in 10 or 12. Of course, inside the country it is much better to have a sport inside the federation which is more developed both nationally and internationally. However, neither the gymnasts, nor the coaches, nor the judges of RG in Ukraine want to join the AG Federation, for which they signed a letter to the Minister. We are very grateful to him that he listened to us.

Last edited by Invisible Hedgehog on Wed, 17-Apr-2013 20:22; edited 1 time in total
Hershey

PostPosted: Wed, 17-Apr-2013 20:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ambitions of someone who's new on the job. this is quite absurd, this way he's only hurting the rg federation, probably the WC in Kiev is the biggest deal for his first year in office and he did this. Doesn't he want the achievements or this is purely a way of threatening for power.

He can do this any time, it's not even something new and he acted when it's months away from the world championships.
Artistry Fan

PostPosted: Thu, 16-May-2013 15:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

UFG President Dushyn and VP Valery Goncharov were both suspended from their duties Shocked : http://other.sport.ua/news/189802
Herbie

PostPosted: Thu, 16-May-2013 20:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good decision! Congratulations to the girls that now can participate at competitions normally!
schuster47

PostPosted: Fri, 17-May-2013 16:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Herbie wrote:
Good decision! Congratulations to the girls that now can participate at competitions normally!

I am not so sure
yussupovafan

PostPosted: Fri, 17-May-2013 23:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish we could hear more on the view of Dushin. Unfoutunately I can't read Russian or Ukrainian!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » The Gym All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: