Contents Information Events and Results Gymnasts Archive
Contents Archive Archive

Message board

Welcome to the new RSG.net message board! Please behave!
Please remember, that the message board is not responsible for the opinions expressed by its members.
Also don't insult, blame, accuse, discriminate, or debase other people here.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Counting the points

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Code of Points
View previous topic | View next topic  
halkonyat

PostPosted: Mon, 20-May-2013 13:03    Post subject: Counting the points Reply with quote

I'm a bit confused about how to count the points Embarassed Could somebody explain me the most basic steps?
I know that Dmitrieva had very poor attitude turn, and Kudryavsteva has amazing, but not so much. So what's the difference between their scores?
When a gymnast makes a mistake, she usually doesn't get score for penality, her other scores ar low. Why is it?
And how can I count the execution score? And the difficulty score?
And if a girl catches the apparatus on that way she originally wanted to, but it looks a little bit ugly, how much is the score? Like here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqE3krYl_vg&feature=player_detailpage#t=84s
I'm sorry, but I'm not English and for me the COPs are usually written in Chinese Laughing Thank you Love
yannch

PostPosted: Tue, 1-Apr-2014 18:42    Post subject: Re: Counting the points Reply with quote

halkonyat wrote:
I'm a bit confused about how to count the points Embarassed Could somebody explain me the most basic steps?
I know that Dmitrieva had very poor attitude turn, and Kudryavsteva has amazing, but not so much. So what's the difference between their scores?
When a gymnast makes a mistake, she usually doesn't get score for penality, her other scores ar low. Why is it?
And if a girl catches the apparatus on that way she originally wanted to, but it looks a little bit ugly, how much is the score? Like here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqE3krYl_vg&feature=player_detailpage#t=84s
I'm sorry, but I'm not English and for me the COPs are usually written in Chinese Laughing Thank you Love

Hi!

Still needing some help with this or you got some answers elsewhere ?

Yann
halkonyat

PostPosted: Tue, 1-Apr-2014 19:41    Post subject: Re: Counting the points Reply with quote

yannch wrote:
halkonyat wrote:

Hi!

Still needing some help with this or you got some answers elsewhere ?

Yann

Well, I still need some help! Embarassed
yannch

PostPosted: Tue, 1-Apr-2014 20:42    Post subject: Re: Counting the points Reply with quote

halkonyat wrote:

Okay, some very basic steps... don't blame me if I simplified some stuff... Mr. Green

The Final score is composed of :

- D score: is the addition of all the valid composition elements in the routine
- E score: max 10 points. all technical and artistic faults are then deducted
- Penalties: for instance, apparatus or gymnasts leaving the floor area, music too long, etc.

halkonyat wrote:

For example, a gymnast drops her ball while making a spiral turn with wave ("tonneau") and make four steps to retrieve the ball::

- The "tonneau" which would count as 0.3 for the D score ist not valid and will not be counted by the D judges
- The E judges will give a deduction for 0.7 for dropping the ball and needing 3 or more steps to retrieve it
- The E judges will give a deduction for at least 0.1 for absence of harmony between music and movement and at least 0.1 for unity of the composition
- If the ball and/or the gymnast leave the floor area, there will be 0.3 penality for each of them.

halkonyat wrote:

E: you start at 10 and you deduct every single technical or artistic fault you see
D: you take the routine sheet and you add the values of the valid performed difficulties

I hope this helps a little bit...

If you want to know all the details about it, you should take a look at the CoP... it exists in English, French, German, Spanish and Russian

Yann
halkonyat

PostPosted: Wed, 2-Apr-2014 16:58    Post subject: Re: Counting the points Reply with quote

yannch wrote:
halkonyat wrote:

Okay, some very basic steps... don't blame me if I simplified some stuff... Mr. Green

The Final score is composed of :

- D score: is the addition of all the valid composition elements in the routine
- E score: max 10 points. all technical and artistic faults are then deducted
- Penalties: for instance, apparatus or gymnasts leaving the floor area, music too long, etc.

halkonyat wrote:

For example, a gymnast drops her ball while making a spiral turn with wave ("tonneau") and make four steps to retrieve the ball::

- The "tonneau" which would count as 0.3 for the D score ist not valid and will not be counted by the D judges
- The E judges will give a deduction for 0.7 for dropping the ball and needing 3 or more steps to retrieve it
- The E judges will give a deduction for at least 0.1 for absence of harmony between music and movement and at least 0.1 for unity of the composition
- If the ball and/or the gymnast leave the floor area, there will be 0.3 penality for each of them.

halkonyat wrote:

E: you start at 10 and you deduct every single technical or artistic fault you see
D: you take the routine sheet and you add the values of the valid performed difficulties

I hope this helps a little bit...

If you want to know all the details about it, you should take a look at the CoP... it exists in English, French, German, Spanish and Russian

Yann

Thank you very much! Very Happy But I'm also interested that for example, Mamun turns a lot in different shapes and has complicated jumps while Kudryavsteva has beautifully executed turns and jumps, but not so difficult. How can her score be higher than Mamun's?
yannch

PostPosted: Wed, 2-Apr-2014 18:07    Post subject: Re: Counting the points Reply with quote

halkonyat wrote:

Thank you very much! Very Happy But I'm also interested that for example, Mamun turns a lot in different shapes and has complicated jumps while Kudryavsteva has beautifully executed turns and jumps, but not so difficult. How can her score be higher than Mamun's?

Which routine are you talking about ?

2014 ? 2013 ? which apparatus ?
halkonyat

PostPosted: Wed, 2-Apr-2014 20:11    Post subject: Re: Counting the points Reply with quote

yannch wrote:
halkonyat wrote:

Which routine are you talking about ?

2014 ? 2013 ? which apparatus ?

Well, in general all their routines. For example, their ball routine in 2013.
yannch

PostPosted: Wed, 2-Apr-2014 21:43    Post subject: Re: Counting the points Reply with quote

halkonyat wrote:

Actually, having complicated and difficult jumps and elements doesn't necessarily give you a good score... you need to execute them correctly to get credited the points Wink

The same also for the masteries: they count 0.2 but only if the are perfectly executed and if they are non-ordinary (to make it simple: not seen often)
*Kalinka*

PostPosted: Thu, 3-Apr-2014 21:33    Post subject: Re: Counting the points Reply with quote

yannch wrote:
halkonyat wrote:

Actually, having complicated and difficult jumps and elements doesn't necessarily give you a good score... you need to execute them correctly to get credited the points Wink

The same also for the masteries: they count 0.2 but only if the are perfectly executed and if they are non-ordinary (to make it simple: not seen often)

Yes, in order to get the body elements counted you need to perform them with the basic characteristics.
For jumps/leaps, the basic characteristics are:
1. Defined and fixed shape during the flight
2. Height sufficient to show the corresponding shape

For balances:
Defined and clearly fixed shape (stop position)

For rotations:
1. Minimum basic rotation of 360° (except for backscale rotation)
2. Defined and fixed shape during the entire rotation

So this jump (it's worth 0.60 points) should not be counted:

In fact during the flight the correct position is not performed: in the third picture the positions of the back and of the behind leg are good, but the one of the front leg is not. So, the shape is not defined and the difficulty should not count, and the gymnast should get a 0.10 deduction in Execution for "body segment incorrectly held during a movement" for the position of the front leg.

Also this rotation should not count. (I don't know how many rotations she was supposed to perform, but this difficulty is worth 0.30 points for every rotation of 360°)

The position of the leg is not the one required by the CoP:
During the entire rotation, the shape was never correct, so definitely it was not "defined during the entire rotation". And there is also a 0.10 deduction in Execution for "Lack of amplitude in the shape". Wink

Anyway, although a high level of body elements is very important for the score, the total Difficulty score is composed of Dance Steps combinations (0.30 for every sequence of 8 seconds, which must be performed in accordance with the rhythm of the music), risks and apparatus masteries!
I'm not even sure that Yana's body elements are lower than Rita's ones, it would be necessary to check the CoP!
halkonyat

PostPosted: Fri, 4-Apr-2014 17:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Code of Points All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: