Contents Information Events and Results Gymnasts Archive
Contents Archive Archive

Message board

Welcome to the new RSG.net message board! Please behave!
Please remember, that the message board is not responsible for the opinions expressed by its members.
Also don't insult, blame, accuse, discriminate, or debase other people here.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Quality of different brands
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Leotards & Equipment
View previous topic | View next topic  
j_m_burry

PostPosted: Tue, 20-Jul-2004 2:36    Post subject: Quality of different brands Reply with quote

Has anyone had problems with the quality of their apparati?

Bleyer toe shoes---the stiching came apart while one of my girls was performing.....she still continued but she is very lucky to have a coach that can hand sew quickly!

Venturelli toe shoes-- very very nice. Takes forever to break into them, though, and by the time you can have broken into them, their dirtier that a pig!

Sasaki ribbons----do they seem heavier than other ribbons?

Francesca clubs---they don't break, but warp during shipment . Nothing like working with a club that is shaped like a crescent moon! Especially in the summer heat. Can anyone help me with replacing the club back to its original shape?

Classic Ribbons----very light; nice to work with but if you don't reinforce the heck out of it, by sewing the end, you will have a frayed up mess.

Any others???

J-M
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rhythmicprincess

PostPosted: Tue, 20-Jul-2004 3:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bleyer toe shoes - ripped too easy!! Low quality.

Pegasus toe shoes--good. I like them. They are thich, tough and dont rip easy. They are very comfy too.

Sasaki toe shoes--nice but they ripped to easy for me.

Sasaki ribbon--Easily able to fray but i actually think their lighter then regual satin ones.
Barbara:::

PostPosted: Tue, 20-Jul-2004 8:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

sasaki ribbon are the best. yes they're heavier, but the shape is better defined and the throws are more accurate......IMO
arwenmy

PostPosted: Tue, 20-Jul-2004 9:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grishko toe shoe works well to ... can last for a long time ...

http://rsgym.tripod.com/
Marsja

PostPosted: Tue, 20-Jul-2004 10:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iwa toe shoes, I am using them now for about a year and now there is a little hole by my big toe, use some tape and they last very long

Grishko toe shoe, after only one tournament the inside comes loose, but the outside last longer

Sasaki clubs, some have fabrics faults and then they will break easily, but now I have got a new pair and they are very good

Sasaki ribbon, I think they are lighter and more easy to handle, but low quality

Sasaki ball, very good

Sasaki rope, poor quality, I had one with two colors and at the point were the 2 colors came together came loose

Sasaki hoop, there are many different, the hard ones break easily

Spieth ball, if you try to blow them up do it very carefull!! otherwise your ball gets flat (i don't know the right word)

Sasaki ribbon stick: good

Amaya ball, the shine don't last so long

bleyer toe shoes: ripped very easliy
NikkiNoo
RSG.net Moderator
RSG.net Moderator

PostPosted: Tue, 20-Jul-2004 10:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sasaki toe shoes - well they used to last about 1 year to 2 years in competition. I would buy a new pair every year for competition only and use the old ones for training. I would 'break in' the new pair at training the day before the competition normally. I preferred the sasaki toe shoes at they fit my feet very nicely (especially the flesh coloured ones which are slightly narrower in their shape). I think you need to find a toe shoe that actually moulds to the shape of your foot well.

Sasaki ribbon I found to be very light and quite good (we often just bought the white ones and dyed or coloured them ourselves). Yes they fray on the ends, but they are also longer than the requirement so it means that you can keep hemming the end up and still be within the regulations.

My sister had a ball that was made by the other japanese country that made apparatus (I can't remember their name). They no longer make any apparatus, I think they went out of business around 1999/2000. This ball was beautiful to use, rolled so wonderfully. But we would use sasaki balls as well. Amaya and other balls are not made with the same process that sasaki balls are so they do not have the same shine (they are normally plastic balls not made from rubber). They also do not roll the same and have those qualities that a sasaki ball does.

Hoops we would buy from a local store for about $7 australian (considerably cheaper than ordering one and also no chance of them being warped when they are sent to you) These hoops were great and the store could actually make a hoop the exact size you needed. Depending on how heavy or light you liked your hoop depends on the amount of tape that you put on it.

Ropes - I personally hate the sasaki ropes, they are too light and do not hold their shape well at all. We would go to a shop that caters for mountineers or a boat/sailing shop and purchase rope from there. They could cut the rope at the right length for you and there is a large range of fabulous colours, designs and widths to choose from. I did hear that some gymnasts with the sasaki ropes used to insert a thin wire through the rope to make it hold its shape a lot better. I don't know how true this is though.

Clubs - the rubber clubs from sasaki were very good, but for a plastic clubs I found that many of the other companies were just as good. I did have the small ball fall off from one of my clubs. Another girl I know had the shaft break.

Ribbon sticks - I have a stick that my coach brought back from America (it came with a ribbon which was not very good) but it was very cheap. I used this stick for my entire competition career which lasted over ten years. So it took a lot of punishment and still is in good condition. Others in my club bought the top range sasaki stick and really it is very over priced for what it is. And we found it was quite heavy. It really depends on the gymnast thoough.

el canguro español
Hana

PostPosted: Tue, 20-Jul-2004 11:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plasic clubs form Sasaki- Broken but they are stuck with so much tape that they cant fall apart but they click funny ... my fault they broke though

Sasaki Ball- Fine currently but my last one was one of them silver ones n its now grey/ yellow ish so thats not too attractive!

Sasaki ribbon and ribbon sticl- Fine, had no problems other than the grip falling off occasionaly

Hoop- No idea where its from but its really really heavy but I prefer it like that

Sasaki two coloured rope- I have had it for ages so no wonder its dirty and all fluffy but then ends are fine cause I melted the ends so it stayed together.

Iwa Half shoes- tiny hole but I hardly wear them at all, plus they are too white for me

Romsport Half shoes- Best things ever, never got a hole, very flexible and can be broken in quickly. They are also a tan colour so look less dirty and are just brilliant
kate j

PostPosted: Mon, 2-Aug-2004 1:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile Hi Nikki,

The ball emily had was Kenko... and it was pretty good - but above everything SASAKI is the best... dying the ribbons makes them weak however they are sold at 6.5, cut of the extra and colour them in with texta instead! IWA toe shoes don't mould to feet as well as SASAKI and can give unpointed toe deducations when they are not needed... good ropes and balls are Amaya - nice colours and sizes

k8[/quote]
Tasha

PostPosted: Mon, 2-Aug-2004 16:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hia, I love Sasaki ribbons they are lightier then others and make a better pattern. I used to have a Carita which was heavy and hard to use. I also use sasaki ribbon sticks which are very good, ball love the colour and mine hasn't faded yet. My rope is alos sasaki and has lasted me very well apart from i keep growing AHHHHH Laughing I used to use sasaki hoops but as my throws got harder i kept breaking them so i switched to Canadian hoops.
Hana i think your hoop is from Canda like mine heavier but won't break easily. Lv Tasha xxxxxxxxxx
Hana

PostPosted: Mon, 2-Aug-2004 19:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep Tash, I think my hoop is unbreakable. I asked my mum and yea it is a canadian hoop, I think its form the same company that I got my half shoes from.. if anyone wants good half shoes and doesnt mind paying a tiny bit more then Romsport are brill
H xx
Tasha

PostPosted: Tue, 3-Aug-2004 19:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, well most of them are i had a sasaki hoop when my new hoop routine was being made up for Milan but by the end of one training session learning my new hoop routine which had 7 large throws in i broke it and was very bruised!! So the next day my coach brought in her old one from when she was a gymnast for me to use as it was from Canada. I used it for a while because i was waiting for my new one and broke it Laughing shed used it for about 10 years without breaking it it took me a couple of weeks !!!!!!!!! Lv Tasha xx
j_m_burry

PostPosted: Wed, 4-Aug-2004 0:13    Post subject: awwww........... Reply with quote

Tasha wrote:
Yep, well most of them are i had a sasaki hoop when my new hoop routine was being made up for Milan but by the end of one training session learning my new hoop routine which had 7 large throws in i broke it and was very bruised!! So the next day my coach brought in her old one from when she was a gymnast for me to use as it was from Canada. I used it for a while because i was waiting for my new one and broke it Laughing shed used it for about 10 years without breaking it it took me a couple of weeks !!!!!!!!! Lv Tasha xx

That's horrible! Anyway, what is the best way to color a sasaki ribbon without making the ribbon stiff and hard with paint?

J-M
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kate j

PostPosted: Wed, 4-Aug-2004 4:04    Post subject: SASAKI ribbons Reply with quote

Hi,

Use texta to hold the shape... but be warned try out the texta on the end of the ribbon first - some do change the ribbon (make it hard) we use crayola i think.. they are pretty good... ohh no connector pens are the best!!

Dying the ribbon will make it softer.. once i used food colouring- it was great and vibrant however the darker colours did run onto the girls hands and they were blue once she got sweaty!!

i will try and post a pic of a texta ribbon and how briliiant it looks

have fun

k8 Smile
kate j

PostPosted: Wed, 4-Aug-2004 4:10    Post subject: texta ribbon Reply with quote

Maybe this is working... k8 Confused Mad

ps i made this leo and ribbon (this is my sister!!!!!!!!!!)[/img]
j_m_burry

PostPosted: Wed, 4-Aug-2004 22:09    Post subject: Crayola Reply with quote

That ribbon is absolutely fab!!!!!!!! Are the markers you use the washable kind? and is there a way to put bits of white color onto a blue or black ribbon? Also is there a way that I can color something with a brush and instead of a pen?

Thanks,

J-M
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Leotards & Equipment All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: