Contents Information Events and Results Gymnasts Archive
Contents Archive Archive

Message board

Welcome to the new RSG.net message board! Please behave!
Please remember, that the message board is not responsible for the opinions expressed by its members.
Also don't insult, blame, accuse, discriminate, or debase other people here.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Quality of different brands
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Leotards & Equipment
View previous topic | View next topic  
sora-chan2

PostPosted: Sun, 7-Feb-2010 18:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

RGribbonqueen wrote:

Ropes - They are really really stiff, and they really hurt if they hit you in a catch. They are also too heavy and need more power for throws. I didn't bring my own rope to the gym last week, and had to work with one of these ropes and it was horrible!

Wow, I think I should buy a new rope now Mr. Green I have the Carita house rope and yes they do really hurt when they hit you!

http://www.youtube.com/princessiero2
Ask me a question!
http://www.formspring.me/toastqueen
RGribbonqueen

PostPosted: Sun, 7-Feb-2010 18:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

sora-chan2 wrote:
RGribbonqueen wrote:

Ropes - They are really really stiff, and they really hurt if they hit you in a catch. They are also too heavy and need more power for throws. I didn't bring my own rope to the gym last week, and had to work with one of these ropes and it was horrible!

Wow, I think I should buy a new rope now Mr. Green I have the Carita house rope and yes they do really hurt when they hit you!

I was really shocked when my coach handed me one! I was like 'these are so weird!' They are so heavy and stiff Neutral
I am looking for a new rope, but i do not want to pay £20 for sasaki, so i am looking into 10mm 'magicians rope' from ebay. It is looks just like rg rope, and is soft and has the same flexibility and thickness.
sora-chan2

PostPosted: Sun, 7-Feb-2010 19:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

RGribbonqueen wrote:
sora-chan2 wrote:
RGribbonqueen wrote:

I was really shocked when my coach handed me one! I was like 'these are so weird!' They are so heavy and stiff Neutral
I am looking for a new rope, but i do not want to pay £20 for sasaki, so i am looking into 10mm 'magicians rope' from ebay. It is looks just like rg rope, and is soft and has the same flexibility and thickness.

I guess you just have to get used to them, I have never used any other sort so I probably don't notice Smile

Ask me a question!
RGribbonqueen

PostPosted: Sun, 7-Feb-2010 19:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

sora-chan2 wrote:
RGribbonqueen wrote:
sora-chan2 wrote:
RGribbonqueen wrote:

I guess you just have to get used to them, I have never used any other sort so I probably don't notice Smile

Yes you wouldn't know the difference Smile I think more flexible ropes are much easier to handle, and i found the carita house ones lost their shape in throws, and made catching inaccurate. I noticed on the website they are also £11! I paid £3.15 for my rope from newits, and it is much better. Strange haha!
anna bessonova1986

PostPosted: Sun, 7-Feb-2010 22:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

rgribbon queen dont get a sasaki stick cause the grips like rip in half within a month!! you can just keep your stick and go to pastorelli sport and they sell grips for three euros so then you dont have to pay a fortune for a stick with a grip already attached to it i think thats what im going to do
sora-chan2

PostPosted: Sun, 7-Feb-2010 23:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

anna bessonova1986 wrote:
rgribbon queen dont get a sasaki stick cause the grips like rip in half within a month!! you can just keep your stick and go to pastorelli sport and they sell grips for three euros so then you dont have to pay a fortune for a stick with a grip already attached to it i think thats what im going to do

How much do Pastorelli charge for postage? I was thinking of buying from there (apparently their hoop tape is rubbish but I want a new rope)

Ask me a question!
RGribbonqueen

PostPosted: Sun, 7-Feb-2010 23:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

sora-chan2 wrote:

How much do Pastorelli charge for postage? I was thinking of buying from there (apparently their hoop tape is rubbish but I want a new rope)

I want to know too! I want to buy a new rope too, and I really like the look of Pastorelli's products.
anna bessonova1986

PostPosted: Sun, 7-Feb-2010 23:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

RGribbonqueen wrote:
sora-chan2 wrote:

I want to know too! I want to buy a new rope too, and I really like the look of Pastorelli's products.

haha me too and they have different colored grps but i just like the classic black and wite
RGribbonqueen

PostPosted: Sun, 7-Feb-2010 23:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

RGribbonqueen wrote:
sora-chan2 wrote:

haha me too and they have different colored grps but i just like the classic black and wite

There prices are also really resonable. Their 'heat' shorts are only 13 euros! I have contacted them about shipping prices and details to England, I hope they answer soon!
Muffins0012

PostPosted: Mon, 8-Feb-2010 17:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anniel toe shoes (doeskin ones) are AWFUL. Mine ripped within a week. Sasaki are easy to rip, too.

Last edited by Muffins0012 on Tue, 30-Mar-2010 18:21; edited 1 time in total
RGribbonqueen

PostPosted: Mon, 8-Feb-2010 17:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastorelli replied
Shipping takes 3 - 6 days to England
Shipping costs from 12 - 45 euros depending on the weight of the item! So ropes ect won't cost much compared to a hoop or clubs
You can pay with paypal or advanced bank transfer
To get the estimated price with shipping ect, add your items to the basket and ask for the estimate Smile
sora-chan2

PostPosted: Mon, 8-Feb-2010 23:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

RGribbonqueen wrote:
Pastorelli replied
Shipping costs from 12 - 45 euros depending on the weight of the item! So ropes ect won't cost much compared to a hoop or clubs
To get the estimated price with shipping ect, add your items to the basket and ask for the estimate Smile

Thanks RGribbonqueen! Smile
I'll definitely take a look. Though I just remembered there isn't a lot of point me buying a new rope as I'm already senior, so this is my last (and first!! grrr) year of rope!

Ask me a question!
RGribbonqueen

PostPosted: Tue, 9-Feb-2010 0:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

sora-chan2 wrote:
RGribbonqueen wrote:
Pastorelli replied

I'll definitely take a look. Though I just remembered there isn't a lot of point me buying a new rope as I'm already senior, so this is my last (and first!! grrr) year of rope!

That really sucks. I really love using rope! For me it doesn't matter as my club will carry on using it! (and im a junior untill 2011)
anna bessonova1986

PostPosted: Tue, 9-Feb-2010 4:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

RGribbonqueen wrote:
sora-chan2 wrote:
RGribbonqueen wrote:
Pastorelli replied

That really sucks. I really love using rope! For me it doesn't matter as my club will carry on using it! (and im a junior untill 2011)

does your coach make u use a junior ribbon??? blargh i hate those thier too short and you look kinda tall in your vids soo.... that what rizatdinova was like
akika10

PostPosted: Tue, 30-Mar-2010 17:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are sectional hoops good? Has anyone ever used them?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Leotards & Equipment All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: