Contents Information Events and Results Gymnasts Archive
Contents Archive Archive

Message board

Welcome to the new RSG.net message board! Please behave!
Please remember, that the message board is not responsible for the opinions expressed by its members.
Also don't insult, blame, accuse, discriminate, or debase other people here.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Travelling with RG Equipment

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Leotards & Equipment
View previous topic | View next topic  
AleksandraFan

PostPosted: Sat, 24-Aug-2013 20:50    Post subject: Travelling with RG Equipment Reply with quote

I am taking some of my RG equipment (all but hoop) to university with me, and I was wondering if I needed to deflate my ball entirely to take it on the airplane? (7hr flight and it would be in the checked baggage, if that makes a difference). I've deflated it partway and it fits in my bag this way, but I would hate for it to explode in the cargo hold...

Any other things I need to do to protect my RG equipment please let me know...

I ♥ Sasha Merkulova!
rhythmic_obsessed

PostPosted: Tue, 10-Sep-2013 6:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my advice from many years of fly away competitions!

Ball: YES, deflate it AT LEAST half way if you are putting it in your checked luggage. The ball will inflate as your elevation increases because the luggage areas are not pressurized like the passenger cabins. I always would deflate my ball regardless of which cabin my ball was traveling in (passenger vs. luggage) just in case. Just make sure you remember your ball pump as well so you can pump it up when you arrive at your destination.

Clubs: Put them in your luggage -- they are pretty sturdy. Though, I have had problems going through security with clubs if I bring them with me in my carry on luggage. The TSA usually thinks that they are weapons, even if they are sparkly. I haven't had mine taken away, just swiped for bomb residue and examined. Go ahead and check them with your luggage, they should be fine there.

Rope: Should be fine anywhere provided that there are no liquids in your luggage that could explode. Either make sure your cosmetics/hair care/skin care/etc are in a plastic baggy, or make sure your rope is in a baggy so that if something explodes it does not affect the weight/stiffness/texture of the rope.

Ribbon: Same rules for rope. Any interaction with strange substances like hair gel or facial wash could stain/damage the ribbon. Plastic baggies = Very Happy

Ribbon Stick: I always had problems traveling with them because they never fit in my luggage! I had them in my carry on bag if it didn't fit in my suit case. If it fits in your suitcase without bending, it should be fine. Wrapping some clothes around your stick adds a layer of padding just in case.

Hope this helps!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Leotards & Equipment All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: