Contents Information Events and Results Gymnasts Archive
Contents Archive Archive

Message board

Welcome to the new RSG.net message board! Please behave!
Please remember, that the message board is not responsible for the opinions expressed by its members.
Also don't insult, blame, accuse, discriminate, or debase other people here.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Grandi explaining FIG position
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic | View next topic  
Gergely

PostPosted: Thu, 5-Sep-2013 10:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some more Grandi from a German interview (told to Leon AG magazine).

"For 12 years the RG experts told me that there it's not like artistic gymnastics, there is no black and white, so reference scores by the experts and scores by the judges are never similar. After having seen the Bucharest results, I was surprised - seemingly there was black and white. So I told them: did you change the code to be black and white? Finally! Well done! Congratulations! They were like: no, no, no, no. No? Aha! So there must be something else behind it. So we started an investigation."
maksymehappy

PostPosted: Thu, 5-Sep-2013 10:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot help noticing Mr. Grandi's advanced age. He talks as if the Technical Committee has been stringing him along for 16 years. This is a long time to wake up, even at his age. He may not be able to do much about the influence of money, but he has certainly let the chance to enforce greater transparency in marking slip through his fingers, probably by some tactical mistake when he received the news of the analysed evidence. I would have thought there was a provision in the FIG charter that score sheets become the property of FIG itself and his presidency should outrank the authority of the director of the technical committee. In his position I would have been pleased to appear in person to collect the evidence immediately- the flight is only 2.5 hours.
Gergely

PostPosted: Thu, 5-Sep-2013 11:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

maksymehappy wrote:
I cannot help noticing Mr. Grandi's advanced age. He talks as if the Technical Committee has been stringing him along for 16 years. This is a long time to wake up, even at his age. He may not be able to do much about the influence of money, but he has certainly let the chance to enforce greater transparency in marking slip through his fingers, probably by some tactical mistake when he received the news of the analysed evidence. I would have thought there was a provision in the FIG charter that score sheets become the property of FIG itself and his presidency should outrank the authority of the director of the technical committee. In his position I would have been pleased to appear in person to collect the evidence immediately- the flight is only 2.5 hours.

The sheets are FIG property and must be kept for a few years. Yet they disappeared from Szyszkowska room and were not given to the FIG official present when asked at the end of the course.What I take from the files is the FIG official at the course was basically taken for a fool, unfortunately.

So the sheets were already gone (probably shredded or something) by the time the alarm came that something is very wrong.

Agreed with taking too long for Grandi to wake up - but he was always more occupied with AG, and there were a lot of battles there as well.
Artistry Fan

PostPosted: Thu, 5-Sep-2013 20:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gergely, do you possibly know what's going on with the TC? Last I heard were a couple of open letters and appeals but no dates on when they planned to sort it all out.
Gergely

PostPosted: Fri, 6-Sep-2013 10:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Artistry Fan wrote:
Gergely, do you possibly know what's going on with the TC? Last I heard were a couple of open letters and appeals but no dates on when they planned to sort it all out.

Nothing so far. Those who wanted to appeal, already did it, I've seen no dates for their appeal tribunal session.

If they remain suspended (there is a good chance of that I think because there were tons of infringements - the other scenario is Szyszkowska taking the hit and the others might win the appeal), a new TC should also be elected during the autumn.
Gergely

PostPosted: Fri, 6-Sep-2013 16:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPTADES/DATES/CLARIFICATIONS/CORRECTIONS

+ Case of the judges suspected and acquitted: FIG will NOT appeal the tribunal decision to CAS (the highest possible sports court)

+Appeal in the TC members' case: verdict possibly in late autumn (end of October).

Courses: Six international judges courses are to be held later this year.

Technical Committee mandate: The TC members mandate is still valid, but six of the members are suspended from certain areas (working as a Superior Jury at a FIG event, control and examination of judges). If the Appeal Tribunal upholds their suspension, their mandate is still valid, so they will return to work as normal on 1st January 2015. They were elected for the Olympic cycle (2013-16)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » The Gym All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: