Contents Information Events and Results Gymnasts Archive
Contents Archive Archive

Message board

Welcome to the new RSG.net message board! Please behave!
Please remember, that the message board is not responsible for the opinions expressed by its members.
Also don't insult, blame, accuse, discriminate, or debase other people here.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How do you qualify for 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic | View next topic  
M.Brzeska-Fan

PostPosted: Mon, 14-Apr-2014 17:22    Post subject: How do you qualify for 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro? Reply with quote

I could not find a Thread on this topic.

Can somebody tell me how you qualify for Olympic Games 2016 in Rio?
What are the rules? I think Brazil as host nation is qualified already.
For singles and group, please.
Artistry Fan

PostPosted: Tue, 15-Apr-2014 2:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a nice thread from awhile back! Though I'm not sure what (if anything?) has been changed with the rules.
Gergely

PostPosted: Tue, 15-Apr-2014 7:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

No final decision yet, I think it's coming in months. I don't expect a radical overhaul (it's surely coming for 2020 though).
M.Brzeska-Fan

PostPosted: Tue, 15-Apr-2014 22:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Artistry Fan wrote:
Here's a nice thread from awhile back! Though I'm not sure what (if anything?) has been changed with the rules.

Thank you. Smile wow It looks very difficult.
M.Brzeska-Fan

PostPosted: Tue, 15-Apr-2014 22:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gergely wrote:
No final decision yet, I think it's coming in months. I don't expect a radical overhaul (it's surely coming for 2020 though).

Thank you, Gergely. Smile What do you mean with big change for Tokyo 2020? Shocked
butterflyRG

PostPosted: Wed, 16-Apr-2014 18:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Artistry Fan wrote:

I heard that relative to 24 groups in 2012 cycle, two more groups are allowed to compete in Stuttgart at Turkey Wch.
ed13

PostPosted: Sun, 25-May-2014 17:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

i found this on a french forum :

Rhythmic Gymnastics - Olympic Qualification - Art. 3.2 (in force for the 2016

Olympics)

* Individual gymnasts : there will be from now 26 qualified (24 before),

i.e. :

o Top 15 gymnasts from the All-Around (CII) competition of the 2015

Worlds

o 6 gymnasts from the All-Around (CI) competition of test events

o 5 gymnasts representing the continents and the host country

* Groups : the number of qualified gymnasts is up to 14 (12 before). A

group is made of 5 gymnasts :

o Top 10 from Competition I of the 2015 Worlds

o Top 3 of test event

o 1 group for the host country
Hoops and Grand Fouettes

PostPosted: Sun, 25-May-2014 19:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that one more continental wild card? Bounce Excited to see more countries are going to be able to qualify!
butterflyRG

PostPosted: Mon, 26-May-2014 0:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Group only 5 gymnasts? That is very rough....
Justin

PostPosted: Mon, 26-May-2014 15:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well not if you consider the Israeli Team who started with only five gymnasts in both routines in London 2012.

Effectively, the total number of rhythmic gymnasts remains the same, alas 96:

London 2012:
24 individuals + 12 groups = 24 + (12 * 6) = 24 + 72 = 96

Rio 2016:
26 Individuals + 14 groups = 26 + (14 * 5) = 26 + 70 = 96

Exactly the way Gergely (right?) predicted.

Basically, all five group gymnasts contributes 100% to their team result instead of four 100% and two 50%. Not sure how this affects the existence of having a reserve gymnast, since it recently only happened once where a reserve gymnast had to come into action in any succeeding routines (JPN in Sofia 2012, remember).
butterflyRG

PostPosted: Mon, 26-May-2014 16:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, all groups have reserve, and no one will eliminate reserve because injury is common and frequent including sickness. Now they have to wait until last minutes to decide who goes to OG and who stays home. It would be pretty rough for those who have to stay home ....
M.Brzeska-Fan

PostPosted: Wed, 11-Jun-2014 18:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.sportlive.at/artikel_showartikel.php?aid=0000086566

Quote:

ÖFT-Sportdirektorin Gabriela Welkow-Jusek: „Bei der WM Ende September in Izmir müssen wir unter die besten 20, damit wir die erste Olympia-Qualifikationshürde schaffen. Auf diesen Jahreshöhepunkt ist unsere Arbeit ausgerichtet.“

According to this the 1st Quali hurdle for Rio 2016 for groups is to place inside Top 20 at WC Izmir! Wink
Artistry Fan

PostPosted: Sat, 12-Jul-2014 4:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't had a chance to look over it but here you go:
http://www.fig-docs.com/Media/Rio_2016/GR_OG_Rio_2016_Qualification_System-e.pdf
Justin

PostPosted: Tue, 15-Jul-2014 12:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent, thanks for sharing. It also clarifies on what happens if one would get injured or have to withdraw.

Individuals
Is it just me, but the document states there will be 26 individual competitors. However, it also states the NOCs for gymnasts ranked 1-15 at the Individual All Around Final at the 2015 WCh will qualify automatically, followed by the 6 best of the Qualifications at the 2016 Test Event, followed by 3 continental wildcards (INCLUDING the tripartite wildcard AND the host country wildcard).

15 (NOC, WCH 2015 All Around Final) + 3 (nominative wildcards, including host country, must also compete at 2016 Test Event) + 6 (nominative, 2016 Test Event Qualification Competition) = 24.

Where are the remaining 2?

Basically it is the same as the previous cycle. Participation rights for Test Event: 25 gymnasts apparently: top 3 Worlds 2015 AA + 22 individuals (including the three continental wildcards. First countries with only one gymnast (?), then other countries, until all 22 slots are filled

Groups:
24 groups may start at the 2015 WCh, so their qualification starts at the 2014 WCh this year.

Groups 1-8 at the 2015 WCh All Around automatically qualified, then two continental wildcards (minimum of three continents if I remember correctly)

At the Test Event, best 3 of qualification all around (not including the group world champion if they would participate) are granted the final tickets.

Host group must compete at all competitions in order to get their wildcard.

So: 8 (WCH 2015) + 2 (wildcard WCH 2015) + 3 (test event, qualification) + 1 (host country) = 14
Gergely

PostPosted: Thu, 17-Jul-2014 22:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin wrote:
Excellent, thanks for sharing. It also clarifies on what happens if one would get injured or have to withdraw.

Individuals
Is it just me, but the document states there will be 26 individual competitors. However, it also states the NOCs for gymnasts ranked 1-15 at the Individual All Around Final at the 2015 WCh will qualify automatically, followed by the 6 best of the Qualifications at the 2016 Test Event, followed by 3 continental wildcards (INCLUDING the tripartite wildcard AND the host country wildcard).

15 (NOC, WCH 2015 All Around Final) + 3 (nominative wildcards, including host country, must also compete at 2016 Test Event) + 6 (nominative, 2016 Test Event Qualification Competition) = 24.

Where are the remaining 2?

Basically it is the same as the previous cycle. Participation rights for Test Event: 25 gymnasts apparently: top 3 Worlds 2015 AA + 22 individuals (including the three continental wildcards. First countries with only one gymnast (?), then other countries, until all 22 slots are filled

Groups:
24 groups may start at the 2015 WCh, so their qualification starts at the 2014 WCh this year.

Groups 1-8 at the 2015 WCh All Around automatically qualified, then two continental wildcards (minimum of three continents if I remember correctly)

At the Test Event, best 3 of qualification all around (not including the group world champion if they would participate) are granted the final tickets.

Host group must compete at all competitions in order to get their wildcard.

So: 8 (WCH 2015) + 2 (wildcard WCH 2015) + 3 (test event, qualification) + 1 (host country) = 14

Indeed, 2 individual gymnasts are missing. It's a mistake I guess. My first guess would be they'll give more spots for the Olympic Test Event.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » The Gym All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: