Contents Information Events and Results Gymnasts Archive
Contents Archive Archive

Message board

Welcome to the new RSG.net message board! Please behave!
Please remember, that the message board is not responsible for the opinions expressed by its members.
Also don't insult, blame, accuse, discriminate, or debase other people here.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How do you qualify for 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic | View next topic  
Hoops and Grand Fouettes

PostPosted: Thu, 9-Jul-2015 16:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I think this will be like Montpellier where a team does 12 routines, not 10 like last year.
butterflyRG

PostPosted: Fri, 10-Jul-2015 5:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to the drawing lot:http://www.fig-gymnastics.com/site/site/download?fileId=2128. Each country does 10, not 12 routines....
Gergely

PostPosted: Sat, 11-Jul-2015 8:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a good question. I think qualification to the AA will be as usual, 3 routines count.

I'm not sure though how many routines count into the team competition, a lot of countries are with only 2 gymnasts. But I think it should be 10 (it cannot be 12, no. 3 gymnasts are listed with 2 apparatus). That would mean that for example the hosts, Germany are not starting in the team competition.
Gergely

PostPosted: Sat, 22-Aug-2015 22:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

The latest version states that:

"The best ranked eligible NOCs not already qualified as per the results of the Individual ranking of the Qualification Competition (CI) of the 2015 World Championships (22 quota places)"

Which is plain stupid. This means that for example if Ukraine cannot qualify 2 gymnasts directly (AA top 15 at the Worlds), they can only have one in Rio, as the NOC already has qualified.

That's a good rule for us, but looks absolutely stupid, to be frank. This punishes the countries with a not top 15, but mid-high level 2nd gymnast (or countries with 2 mid-high level gymnasts, see Finland).

http://www.fig-gymnastics.com/publicdir/rules/files/olympic/Rio%202016-Qualification-system.pdf
butterflyRG

PostPosted: Mon, 24-Aug-2015 7:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

This certainly favors powerhouses, and Ukraine has actually good chance to have two qualified I think. Certainly also Russia, ISR, BLR maybe BUL. So only another five countries are left: KOR,GEO,UZB,FRA and AZE. Who will be punished: UZB, AZE,JPN , USA, GER, SPA etc.
Gergely

PostPosted: Mon, 24-Aug-2015 8:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm highly doubtful that BUL can qualify 2 gymnasts in the top 15. Also, not sure about UKR. I think RUS and BLR are sure to have 2 gymnasts and ISR very likely.

I'd add Finland to the ones who will suffer, they have two potential top 25 gymnasts but no top 15s.
butterflyRG

PostPosted: Tue, 25-Aug-2015 7:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will individual AA qualification or CI count 3 or 4 routine scores for AA finals?
coolmadgick

PostPosted: Tue, 25-Aug-2015 10:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gergely wrote:
I'm highly doubtful that BUL can qualify 2 gymnasts in the top 15. Also, not sure about UKR. I think RUS and BLR are sure to have 2 gymnasts and ISR very likely.

I'd add Finland to the ones who will suffer, they have two potential top 25 gymnasts but no top 15s.

Actually, only Russia will have two gymnasts for sure. BLR has two good gymnasts, but one of them is not stable, same for ISR, and Ukraine. Actually, this system only favor Russia, according to me.
Gergely

PostPosted: Tue, 25-Aug-2015 16:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

butterflyRG wrote:
Will individual AA qualification or CI count 3 or 4 routine scores for AA finals?

IIRC it's 3 scores out of 4 for qualification into AA final. The automatic Olympic qualification spots will be decided by the final itself, so 4/4 there.
Gergely

PostPosted: Tue, 25-Aug-2015 16:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

coolmadgick wrote:
Gergely wrote:

Actually, only Russia will have two gymnasts for sure. BLR has two good gymnasts, but one of them is not stable, same for ISR, and Ukraine. Actually, this system only favor Russia, according to me.

Well it's not their problem that only they have 2 dead certain top 15s Mr. Green

I bet Halkina will made it into the top 15 and I'd risk a bet for both Israelis, too, but indeed, Rivkin especially is prone to meltdowns.
Hoops and Grand Fouettes

PostPosted: Tue, 25-Aug-2015 17:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man this system really sucks especially if a country has two girls that place like 15th and 16th
Gergely

PostPosted: Tue, 25-Aug-2015 19:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it definitely sucks for them. It dawned on me that the qualification system is in line with IOC's wishes, which goes for universality, so a wide range of nations should be qualifying.
maksymehappy

PostPosted: Tue, 25-Aug-2015 22:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Participation rights: Participation in the 2016 Olympic Games Test Event will be limited to:
Gymnasts from the NOCs ranked 1st to 3rd as per the Individual ranking results of CII (All-Around Final) of the 2015 world Championships.As these NOCs will already be qualified for the Rio 2016 Olympic Games, the results of these gymnasts will not be considered for the purpose of qualification.

?? Why mention them in the first place? Are they invitiing gymnasts to the test event who can not qualify (hc) ?
Gergely

PostPosted: Tue, 25-Aug-2015 22:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

maksymehappy wrote:
Quote:
Participation rights: Participation in the 2016 Olympic Games Test Event will be limited to:
Gymnasts from the NOCs ranked 1st to 3rd as per the Individual ranking results of CII (All-Around Final) of the 2015 world Championships.As these NOCs will already be qualified for the Rio 2016 Olympic Games, the results of these gymnasts will not be considered for the purpose of qualification.

?? Why mention them in the first place? Are they invitiing gymnasts to the test event who can not qualify (hc) ?

Yes.

All Olympic test events have to be in the very same format as the Olympic events, so the organisers need to have 26 gymnasts. 22 going for qualification + host gymnast + 3 medalists from Stuttgart (it was the same in London, just with 24).
butterflyRG

PostPosted: Tue, 25-Aug-2015 22:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe only those top 15 plus 16-24 who can qualify will be allowed in test event. So all future Olympians will have a test run in Rio.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » The Gym All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: