Contents Information Events and Results Gymnasts Archive
Contents Archive Archive

Message board

Welcome to the new RSG.net message board! Please behave!
Please remember, that the message board is not responsible for the opinions expressed by its members.
Also don't insult, blame, accuse, discriminate, or debase other people here.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem with this forum
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic | View next topic  
Alisas

PostPosted: Thu, 6-Oct-2005 18:10    Post subject: Problem with this forum Reply with quote

It's started few days ago, some pages don't wanna open for me (after some tryes it works sometimes,but it's very annoying).They don't open, but my PC offer me to save it-give link-and then to save
I hope you understood my problem,sorry I'm not good in explaining
Do you have any ideas what can it be? maybe virus?but my anti-virus didn't found anything.And I have this forum only with our forum Sad
Argh even it's hard for me to post it
Khadijia

PostPosted: Thu, 6-Oct-2005 21:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe that's because these days the server is quite busy... With the World Championship, a lot of people access to the board to download videos and having news, so...
ella

PostPosted: Thu, 6-Oct-2005 21:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

it happendes to me too!
many times that i try to come here they say that i can't.
In a world with different space
No time at all to accept how you move
Be who you are
Do what you do
Not win or lose."
(J.F)
Alisas

PostPosted: Fri, 7-Oct-2005 19:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for replies
Yeah the thing is sometimes(not very often) it says I can't enter site,but now (however today I don't have it (will knock on the wood)) it suggests me not to enter but save page I wanna enter-never had before Shocked
Khadijia

PostPosted: Fri, 7-Oct-2005 19:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's very strange! Confused Maybe you should ask in this section:
http://www.rsg.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=8
Alisas

PostPosted: Sat, 8-Oct-2005 18:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Khadijia wrote:
That's very strange! Confused Maybe you should ask in this section:
http://www.rsg.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=8

Thank you !! I forgot about this section Embarassed
You know that's the most funny since I've told it ,there are not any problems,but I wanna prevent it for future
Storm
RSG.net Moderator
RSG.net Moderator

PostPosted: Tue, 10-Jan-2006 19:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use this topic, even if mine isn't a real probem but just an opinion..

I think that this wonderful forum is TOO messy.. every person, when wants sometimes just ONE video open a new topic!! Shocked For me this is such a lost of space and order! Too many topic are similar, sometimes one is open to ask one thing asked a little before!

For example : Old Pics and Video and For.. ( i don't remember) Old pics etc etc..
or Atlanata 96 Video and Maria Petrova 96 ball! Shocked ok, maybe one wants another routine from the same year.. but for me it's enough to create a topic for Video Requests!
The same for baku or an OG! how many topic have been opened??? Asking what? of course videos that were just in another topic..
Or the photo of a particular Leo.. Open a topic asking only photo on ONE leo is really incredible.. 3, 4 answers and then? Confused

I believe that simply everyone thinks that is simpler open and ask ,instead of SEARCH "IF" there's yet, what they want..

I really suffer seeing " irina's ball Athens 2004" or " Pics of this leo"

oh! I just see it! has been open a topic for asking "somebody knows what is ira doing now?.." well... is so impossible to create a topic in wich talking about EVERYTHING that concernes Irina? EVERYTHING concernes Anna and so on? Rolling Eyes

If there's such a dispersion is more probable to create double topics of the same things...

This is just an opinion.. based quite only on the Photo and Videos section.. sorry but I must tell it to you..this mess is a real sufference.. Embarassed

Roberta
Kaja =)

PostPosted: Wed, 11-Jan-2006 22:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, l partly agree Storm.

But l don't think it would be such a good idea to have one Anna Bessonova topic, one Irina Chashina topic and so on. Maybe The "All WC Baku videos" topic and the main "Athens 2004" topic could be made sticky??

Also about the leos etc: I think it's OK to ask for a pic of a leo or something, but the more important issue is HOW TO MAKE A TITLE FOR YOUR POST!

Like, "Please Help" or "Request" or "More photos" really doesn't give very much info on what you are looking for. It would be better if you name the post "Searching photos of Irina Chashina's 2003 ball leo", or "Request: Safri Duo, Rise (Chashina rope music 2005)" etc. Then the reader will instantly know if he/she can provide what you are asking for, and you are more likely to get an answer!
Storm
RSG.net Moderator
RSG.net Moderator

PostPosted: Wed, 11-Jan-2006 23:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes and also persuade to SEARCH! what you want!

Has been opened a topic to know what's means a L on kapranova's shoes!!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

How's possible???

I think that a topic for all the video of a competition would be wonderful.. Very Happy It's better that ask video after video..

And also using topic as Riesa 2003 for ask THERE any video of that competition...not open a T asking irina's ball then another asking Kabaeva's ball and then another asking anna's ball! Unberable! Confused

Thanks fou your answer.. Wink
Storm
RSG.net Moderator
RSG.net Moderator

PostPosted: Mon, 23-Jan-2006 22:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I'm going insane.. another topic with out sense! again on sidney!!!

ok ok I tried to count all the "same " or "related" topics of the first 10 pages..( and I didn't do so well I trascurated some topics..)

Do you want to know what I found?

7 topic on sidney

5 on Atlanta

5 on training videos

5 on Viyticenko ( 97 ribbon or all)

2 on WC 94

7 on old videos

3 on kostina ( in the same page)

3 on emotinal times

17 ON BAKU!!!!!!!!!! How's possible to open SEVENTEEN TOPICS on a SINGLE COMPETITION???

5 on Ira ( and not counting many of the "ira's.. 19xx)

7 on Athens

6 on yerofeeva

2 on granada
3 on barcellona
3 on osaka

sorry but Photos and Videos is such an unlivig section... and when I try to explain to search before, what they tell me? Oh! but I sought and the videos weren't still available....!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Is so difficult to ask THERE????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad sorry
Marie

PostPosted: Sat, 17-Jun-2006 22:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to everyone who very kindly direct users to the correct threads, when they create new threads for old topics!

It has been stated that the moderators will delete such duplicate threads. However, I'm a bit reluctant, because those who create the new threads probably wont't understand where their message has gone (since they PROBABLY aren't aware of this policy)...

I've got a suggestion:
What if those of you who reply in the "new threads for old topics" to guide our members to the correct threads, send the same text by PM? If you also state that a PM has been sent in the message that you post on the board, it will be much easier for us moderators to delete such "new threads for old topics".

I know that it is the moderators' job to keep the forum clean, but the job is quite overwhelming sometimes... So, the more help we get from you others, the easier it is for us to keep your favourite place tidy. Wink
Findis

PostPosted: Sat, 17-Jun-2006 22:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or better yet, why not just do what the Figure Skating Videos forum does and create official topics for individual gymnasts or competitions.

http://fsvids.9.forumer.com/index.php It is alot of work I agree but who said moderating was easy Grin

"If you ask me, I know of only one class of workers who are overpaid and underworked -- college professors"--Walter Williams
Marie

PostPosted: Sat, 17-Jun-2006 22:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't see their system, it seems as though I have to log in to access anything...

What do they do, create sticky topics for each event etc, and delete all new threads about the same topics?

What if there is a topic that doesn't belong in other threads? If we have got 50 topics (1 for each popular gymnast), what would happen to posts about less famous gymnasts?

Or do they have different rooms/forums with different sub-forums, i.e.:
Code:
Gymnasts
        Russian gymnasts
               Kabaeva
               Sessina
               Kapranova
        Ukrainian gymnasts
               Bessonova
               Godunko
               Kovalchuk
        Other gymnasts
               Cynthia Valdez
               Therese Larsson
               Kimberley Mason

I think we haven't got the possibilities for that in this forum...
Findis

PostPosted: Sun, 18-Jun-2006 2:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

The topics are non-sticky but the rules are very specific. All requests concerning Yagudin are posted in the Yagudin thread. Any requests for let's say Carmen on Ice are posted in the Carmen on Ice thread.

They have very strict rules over there and for the most part, people seem to understand the rules very well.

"If you ask me, I know of only one class of workers who are overpaid and underworked -- college professors"--Walter Williams

PostPosted: Mon, 19-Jun-2006 16:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like this forum very much
rules seem very clear and are more or less always the same in whatever forum you surf on Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » RSG.net All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: