Contents Information Events and Results Gymnasts Archive
Contents Archive Archive

Message board

Welcome to the new RSG.net message board! Please behave!
Please remember, that the message board is not responsible for the opinions expressed by its members.
Also don't insult, blame, accuse, discriminate, or debase other people here.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Alina Kabaeva
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Gymnasts & Groups
View previous topic | View next topic  
babypinkversace

PostPosted: Wed, 9-Nov-2005 1:30    Post subject: Alina Kabaeva Reply with quote

Does anyone know what's up with Alina? Is she training for upcomming competitions but is not on the National Team officially? What competitions will she compete in next?
katkat

PostPosted: Mon, 6-Mar-2006 21:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, what is up with Alina? i read today that she was back and competing!

check out gymmedia:
http://gymmedia.com/prioNOlang_en.asp?id=1773&sp=2&rt=RG

k
Kaja =)

PostPosted: Mon, 6-Mar-2006 22:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rsg.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10522

http://www.rsg.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10122

Rolling Eyes
Laughs and smiles

PostPosted: Fri, 10-Mar-2006 14:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes
gym_fan

PostPosted: Thu, 30-Mar-2006 11:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.ueg-gymnastics.com/set.php?id=default

scroll down the page to
Alina Kabaeva: comeback confirmed and already successful

Being for a short time in Switzerland, at the headquarters of LONGINES, long-term partner of gymnastics, Alina Kabaeva (RUS), 2004 Olympic champion and multiple World and European champion in Rhythmic Gymnastics and Longines ambassador of elegance, has officially confirmed her comeback to international competitions.

Alina Kabaeva (23 years old) had announced after the 2004 Athens Olympic Games that she would retire; however, she is back, with the 2008 Peking Olympic Games as goal! Invited last Sunday by the Swiss Television (TSR), she has officially confirmed her comeback, confirming like this the many rumours going round. The next day at the Longines headquarters in St-Imier, she held a press conference and an autograph session for young gymnasts and other fans.

As another renowned champion, the Swiss tennis player Martina Hingis, Alina’s comeback was successful. She has already won the 2006 Champion Cup in Moscow and one Grand-Prix tournament.

After gymnastics, love
“After the Athens Olympic Games and having won the only missing title, I had decided to put an end to my career, without having a comeback in mind. All my life was dedicated to rhythmic gymnastics, since I was three years old. I believed that the time had come to turn to other activities and to live finally the life of a “normal” young woman.” The Olympic Champion could not complain about boredom as numerous solicitations opened her the way to the life of a very popular star. “I also fell in love, but today, after some difficult moments, I am alone again. I realised that the love I have for my sport is the love which gives right now a real sense to my life.”

In 2005, Alina Kabaeva realised that the next Olympic Games (2008 in Peking) were not so far off. “I feel stronger than ever and I am much more mature. Today, I make my decisions alone and I alone have decided my comeback with the aim to participate in (and win) the 2008 Olympic Games.”

What does a day in Alina Kabaeva’s life look like?
“I live with my mother Ljubov in an apartment. My daily training is from 09h00 to 21h00 in the Irina Viner school. She has taught me everything I know and I want to continue working with her. She knows me as no one else does and knows how I can give my best. She is not only my coach but in particular my friend”. When her training allows it, Alina enjoys public relation activities as photo shootings, interviews, autograph sessions etc. and particular her mission as Longines ambassador of elegance, to the great pleasure of Longines, which supports gymnastics for many years already, and in particular its President, Walter von Känel, a great admirer of this young Russian gymnast.

Alina and the future of RG
Alina Kabaeva admits that she appreciates the new code of points. “The new rules are very positive for this sport. The new code is more interesting and easier and goes in a direction I appreciate very much. We can once again introduce more artistic and choreographic elements. As we are only at the beginning of the season, the public had not yet very often the possibility to see the effects. RG does not stop, but develops continuously. My new exercise with ball to the Tchaikovsky music “Queen of Spades” makes the most of these new possibilities.”

Can she, who has won everything since her first success at the 1999 Budapest European Championships, still progress? “Yes, I sincerely believe that I can do better, pushing back even more my limits. All athletes act like this. And if I do not win anymore, if younger gymnasts win, well this means that they are better than me” says Alina with wisdom and lucidity.

After the 2008 Olympic Games, Alina Kabaeva will certainly open her own RG school. “I want to commit myself to the sport I dearly love. My experience and the evolution I have lived these last 20 years will help me realise my projects.”
Elodie
RSG.net Moderator
RSG.net Moderator

PostPosted: Thu, 30-Mar-2006 11:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info gym_fan Very Happy
Storm
RSG.net Moderator
RSG.net Moderator

PostPosted: Thu, 30-Mar-2006 13:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not better use the two topics posted by kaya? I think so..
gym_fan

PostPosted: Thu, 30-Mar-2006 13:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Storm wrote:
It's not better use the two topics posted by kaya? I think so..

I just choose one topic from so many others with the same subject Confused
True Fan

PostPosted: Thu, 30-Mar-2006 14:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info!

Tf
babypinkversace

PostPosted: Sat, 6-May-2006 16:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read in an article that Kabaeva will participate in the Grand Prix in Czechia, Brno on may 26-28 , in grand prix in holon isreal on june 8-10 and in Irkutsk on june 23-24.
katkat

PostPosted: Fri, 4-Aug-2006 13:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

what is this about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKZM36DSLkc?
can anyone translate what shes saying in the end and what the song is about?

k
Laura F.

PostPosted: Tue, 8-Aug-2006 1:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

katkat wrote:
what is this about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKZM36DSLkc?
can anyone translate what shes saying in the end and what the song is about?

k

Hi katkat,

the song is about Alina, he sings that she has perfect smile, body, artistic in her gymnastics etc. In the end it is not easy for me to understand Alina, but if I got it correctly, she says she likes to be in this group of people, I think she means these sportsmen, who sing...? Someone maybe will correct me...? Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Tue, 8-Aug-2006 10:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

if so, a little bit too much self-centered for appreciating it Wink
Janita

PostPosted: Wed, 16-Jan-2008 8:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are rumours Kabaeva has retired. Has there been - in Russia - an official statement about this? Or has their even be official stuff about her now working for politicians. It is not because you are voted for the parliament (Doma called in Russia?) that you have to retire from gymnastics.
sofia

PostPosted: Wed, 16-Jan-2008 10:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you can never be sure with Alina.... Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Gymnasts & Groups All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 1 of 16

Jump to: