Contents Information Events and Results Gymnasts Archive
Contents Archive Archive

Message board

Welcome to the new RSG.net message board! Please behave!
Please remember, that the message board is not responsible for the opinions expressed by its members.
Also don't insult, blame, accuse, discriminate, or debase other people here.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Alina Kabaeva
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Gymnasts & Groups
View previous topic | View next topic  
Black&White

PostPosted: Sat, 8-Jun-2013 1:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

schuster47 wrote:

I think we should just wait and see. And I suggest that you publicly eat your hat if the rumours turn out to be true)

Smile I would not be surprised if it finally turns up to be true. Its sounds like those cyclists denying doping or the politicians denying of having faked their thesis. It always turns up to be true. So why bother denyning it at first?
babypinkversace

PostPosted: Sat, 8-Jun-2013 1:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a fan of Alina Kabaeva and I saw the documentary yesterday on YouTube, but I didn't understand it of course because I can't speak Russian (I've tried to learn but failed lol). So, thanks for the summary. Also, I don't think the rumors or comments surrounding Kabaeva are all that bad compared to the things people say online about some American celebrities...it can sound pretty nasty lol. I always wondered what kind of perks Alina Kabaeva gets for having a connection to the President. lol. Now I know (private jet trip). Just speculating... Angel
Belosnegka

PostPosted: Sat, 8-Jun-2013 7:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

schuster47 wrote:

Given the secrecy surrounding Mr. Putin and no freedom of speech rumors is all people can rely on. There is a fact that came to the surface and was widely discussed, when Mr. Timchanko, a Russian billionaire and Mr. Putin's friend provided a private jet for some close friends to fly to Putin's dacha in Sochi. And Ms. Kabaeva was among a few on the board. So there is some sort of relation between them, call it friendship or whatever.

I think we should just wait and see. And I suggest that you publicly eat your hat if the rumours turn out to be true)

Stupid people constantly need a show. A dirty show....
schuster47

PostPosted: Sat, 8-Jun-2013 15:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Belosnegka wrote:
schuster47 wrote:

Given the secrecy surrounding Mr. Putin and no freedom of speech rumors is all people can rely on. There is a fact that came to the surface and was widely discussed, when Mr. Timchanko, a Russian billionaire and Mr. Putin's friend provided a private jet for some close friends to fly to Putin's dacha in Sochi. And Ms. Kabaeva was among a few on the board. So there is some sort of relation between them, call it friendship or whatever.

Common, it's time to celebrate now!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSw6oOkIs-Q
Belosnegka

PostPosted: Sat, 8-Jun-2013 19:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

schuster47 wrote:

No thank's I'm not an idiot.
And I wish you shut up
AleksandraFan

PostPosted: Sat, 8-Jun-2013 19:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

schuster47 wrote:
Belosnegka wrote:
schuster47 wrote:

That's not very nice, but I have to admit it's quite funny XD

I ♥ Sasha Merkulova!
AleksandraFan

PostPosted: Sun, 9-Jun-2013 13:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2338159/Gymnast-Putin-marriage-riddle-Ive-met-man-I-love-I-dream-having-children.html

Oh good god Rolling Eyes Poor Alina.

I ♥ Sasha Merkulova!
Belosnegka

PostPosted: Sun, 9-Jun-2013 20:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

AleksandraFan wrote:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2338159/Gymnast-Putin-marriage-riddle-Ive-met-man-I-love-I-dream-having-children.html

Oh good god Rolling Eyes Poor Alina.

Idiots...... Motz
maksymehappy

PostPosted: Sun, 9-Jun-2013 21:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Daily Mail most recent picture is from 2004. Let's hope Mr. Putin's ardent passions aren't smoldering with these old pictures too. Look what happened to Henry VIII and Anne of Cleves.
latvy6

PostPosted: Mon, 10-Jun-2013 0:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just curious about this and wonder if anyone can confirm this for me. Unrelated to all the Putin-related slander.

I remember reading somewhere that she converted from Islam to the Russian Orthodoxy in 2007 when she started working at the State Duma. Is that true?

I kind of just assumed that because of her parents' background that she was raised either Muslim or irreligious...sooo...
Dorin Ron

PostPosted: Mon, 10-Jun-2013 5:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how she was raised, I think probably no religion... Anyway I remember that yeas ago she used to cross herself before performing a routine, so I doubt it if this transitaion to christianity was made only in 2007 (maybe officially?).
xSleepingAwakex

PostPosted: Mon, 10-Jun-2013 9:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

She's originaly from Tashkent, Uzbek SSR, where 88% of the population professes Islam, but I think it's not true that she became Christian in 2007... If she did, it was much before that.
psrgomes08

PostPosted: Mon, 10-Jun-2013 13:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dorin Ron wrote:
I don't know how she was raised, I think probably no religion... Anyway I remember that yeas ago she used to cross herself before performing a routine, so I doubt it if this transitaion to christianity was made only in 2007 (maybe officially?).

Yes, I remember she used to cross herself in the Ortodox way. I don't know if Islamists also do this (since they also believe in Jesus).
Jonathan

PostPosted: Mon, 10-Jun-2013 16:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

latvy6 wrote:
Just curious about this and wonder if anyone can confirm this for me. Unrelated to all the Putin-related slander.

I remember reading somewhere that she converted from Islam to the Russian Orthodoxy in 2007 when she started working at the State Duma. Is that true?

I kind of just assumed that because of her parents' background that she was raised either Muslim or irreligious...sooo...

Kabaeva's mum is Russian (Orthodox Christian)and her dad is Tatar (not Uzbek). She was brought up a Christian and always has been. Btw, I don't really see what religion has to do with working in the Duma Shocked
gymfan3

PostPosted: Mon, 10-Jun-2013 17:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

psrgomes08 wrote:

. I don't know if Islamists also do this (since they also believe in Jesus).

no, muslims don't cross themselves. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rhythmic Gymnastics Forum Index » Gymnasts & Groups All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 15 of 16

Jump to: